"Helping Families find the BEST Assisted Living Facilities on the Planet!"™
|Tips on How Seniors Can Avoid Getting Sick|
As we age our immune system weakens, making it easier for us to pick-up harmful bacteria and viruses. This results in catching colds, flu and other sickness much faster compared to others. It can stem anywhere from friends, family and especially from grandchildren due to being exposed to other sick kids at school.
Here is a list of important safety measures to take to stay healthy:
1. Always wash your hands. This is proven the most effective way to avoid any disease causing bacteria. Be sure to wash your hands:
2. Keep your distance from people who are sick. Avoid any personal contact as virus can easily be transferred.
3. Eat a balanced diet. Eating lots of fruits and vegetables will give you the nutrients your body needs to stay healthy and strong.
4. Drink lots of water. This will help flush toxins out, thus reducing your risk of disease and infections.
5. Get enough sleep. Sleeping for less than 8 hours a day can weaken your immune system. If for any reasons you can’t get enough sleep at night, try to nap during the day.
6. Exercise regularly. Be sure to consult with your doctor before starting any exercise program.
7. Drink your vitamins everyday, as it will help boost your immune system.
8. Clean surfaces regularly to avoid bacteria causing disease in your home. Be sure to clean or disinfect the following:
9. Get a massage. Studies show that massage can help reduce anxiety, blood pressure and heart rate, thus lowering, stress level.
10. Laugh and keep a positive attitude. As the saying goes: “Laughter is the best medicine. This is indeed true. Based on research, laughing hard can help prevent sickness. It also boosts blood flow, may lower stress level and the risk of heart disease.”
This page, photos and content of Senior Care Homes.com are protected by
Find Assisted Living in Popular Cities in the U.S
|Atlanta||Denver||Irvine||New York||Sacramento||San Jose|
|Chicago||Detroit||Los Angeles||Philadelphia||San Diego||Seattle|
|Dallas||Houston||Mission Viejo||Phoenix||San Francisco||Washington|
Alzheimer's Care | Congregate Living | Hospital Services | Hospice Care | Independent Living
Intermediate Care | Nursing Homes | Respite Care
Copyright © 2013 Senior Care Homes.Com All Rights Reserved.
SeniorCareHomes.com is a free service to the community. We provide free care options to seniors and families.
SeniorCareHomes.Com is compensated by the senior housing facilities.
Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the Senior Care Homes.com User Agreement.